Do you have too much clutter in your house? If so, don’t wait until Spring to do some cleaning. Tackle the mess now before it gets out of hand.
Here are some storage rules to follow that will speed up the process and make your home look fresh and clean:
- Purchase square containers: Square storage containers maximize storage space. Round containers are usually less efficient because they don’t sit flush against one another.
- Buy quality plastic containers: If you plan on stowing your containers in your garage, or in some place that experiences temperature changes or the elements, then opt for high-quality plastic containers that can withstand and hold up against the elements.
- Look for containers that stack well: Not only are these practical, but they are stylish, as well.
- Find storage space first: Before you start boxing up, be sure to find storage space since working backward causes more problems than solutions.
You might also like: New Year’s Resolutions You Can Keep Up With
Storage Ideas for Your Home
- Purchase a dish drying rack. The job of a dish drying rack is simple: it dries dishes that cannot be dried in a dishwasher. It also allows you to consolidate your dishes instead of leaving them out on the counter to dry. A quality dish drying rack features a subtle drainage system, a modern design, with a non-slip component.
- DIY plastic bag dispenser. If you are like most people, your grocery store plastic bags usually end up thrown on the bottom of your pantry. One trick is to repurpose an empty tissue box as a plastic bag holder. It keeps your plastic bags organized and within easy reach.
- Label toy drawers with pictures. This makes it easier for your children to find and put away their own toys.
- Repurpose an old Coke crate into a storage for your ties. Hang the crate on the wall and simply roll your ties and place them in each compartment.
- Tic Tac Bobby pin case. Repurpose a Tic Tac case into a Bobby pin dispenser. This makes it easier to find them when you need them.