Spring is right around the corner, and the warm weather is bound to bring a few birds into your backyard. So, in addition to sprucing up your garden, attract a few more feathered friends with a homemade bird feeder. You’ll love how these DIY feeders add character to your yard and lure the local birdlife straight to your back door.
Easy Bird Feeders You Can Make in The Kitchen
- Cookie Cutter Bird Feeder: This bird feeder is easy to make and you can whip it up with things you likely have in your kitchen already. It’s also a kid-friendly project that can help you encourage an appreciation for nature in your children. Check out the step-by-step tutorial here.
- Macramé Orange Bird Feder: Creating this bird feeder utilizes only biodegradable materials. So, you can feed the birds and take care of the earth at the same time. Just grab an orange, a pair of scissors, and your favorite birdseed. Then, follow the instructions outlined in this guide.
Colorful & Crafty Bird Feeders
- If you’d like to add a bit of color to your outdoor space, this DIY feeder tray from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom should do the trick. This is a simple feeder to build and doesn’t require any tools. All you need is glue, paint, a tray, and three small birdhouses from your local craft store.
- Dinnerware Bird Feeder: If you still have old, colorful, but tacky dinnerware from your college days, grab a bowl and a plate and turn them into this adorable feeder for your garden.
You might also like: Why You Need Oil Changes
Upcycled Materials Bird Feeders
- Soda Bottle Bird Feeder: Instead of tossing your empty soda bottle in the garbage or (preferably) the recycling bin, upcycle it with this DIY bird feeder. This is a great project to help teach the importance of recycling and reusing items when possible. And as a bonus, you get a cool bird feeder to go on your back porch. Here are all the instructions.
- Teacup Bird Feeder: Do you have any chipped or cracked teacups lying around? If so, follow this guide to turn it into a decorative feeder you can hang in your garden.